View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 06:15 AM   #445
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm going through Yu Yu Hakusho for the first time, and yes I know I'm late. I remember this airing on Cartoon Network back in the day. I'm about 90 episodes into it, I really like how all the characters are around late Dragon Ball level of power but prior to DBZ (they seem to all be around the level of when Piccolo Jr. showed up in the last world martial arts tournament).

Would have been funny to see how Goku and Yusuke would face off in late Dragon Ball. I also like how the afterlife of both series seem to be influenced by the same thing with ogres and Kai's and clouds based on the same Japanese mythology.
Nice. YYH is a solid shounen series. It's not my favorite, but it's definitely one that I'd recommend to people interested in shounen stuff. I think it's got all the elements of a great shounen anime: charm, likable characters, terrific action scenes, fun filler scenes, etc.

I also think Goku vs Yusuke is amusing, though I think it'd end with them shaking hands, and going off to eat ramen or something.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote