Thread: New CGI movie
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 06:55 PM   #323
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I do agree that 2012 did pretty well in an attempt to go "younger," though not without it's own failings (esp on Mikey being a bit too juvenile and never maturing a little), but still a decent, enjoyable show and for the most part and didn't go too overboard on that... though it seems to have opened a Pandora's box for Nick wanting to continue further in that direction.
It would be super impressive if Rogen did not go for "Dude Mikey." I kind of feel like he will because he'll feel like everyone will want him to... but whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharman View Post
Indeed. Why do I feel uneasy about Rogen's comments?
Eh... it doesn't make me uneasy that he brings that up about doing and digging movies about teenagers. It makes me uneasy that that's the big thing that attracts him to this. Like, everything is to serve and revolve around that one element.

For me? Ideally, in terms of focus?

35% teenage
65% ninja

(the "mutant" and "turtle" are obviously a given)

By virtue of them not really ever being able to be "teenagers" as we think of them. In fact, their age is sort of irrelevant, whether it's in the title or not. Whether they're 15 or 30, I don't imagine they'd behave wholly differently if they're just stuck in a sewer training day after day to kill a guy one day. Maybe a little more angsty in their teenage years, if that's even a thing biologically in mutant turtles? But then Splinter would just slap them around and it'd be back to doing katas and sh** and that'd be the end of it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote