View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 11:10 AM   #413
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
TMNT need's it's Tim Burton right now. But that's another story.
I feel we like are a bit behind it. We'll be lucky, if quality won't drop lower than Bay movies at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Nobody can ever say audience appreciation = Quality after the Transformers movies made a bazillion dollars. Sometimes the general audience would rather unapologetically eat sh*t with a grin and then apologize or make excuses for it later.
I don't see what's wrong with liking something basic and stupid sometimes. The main thing - it should not be the only thing you consume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The way I feel about the FW cartoon is basically, it was a good first try and "good enough" for the time it was made. But I don't see how or why so many people are against moving things forward and would rather have that remain the gold standard forevermore.
Show me the people who don't want it to move forward.

The fact that most people remember only FW and first movie tells, both about quality of those productions and that all subsequent installments were lacking.

And outside of 2k3 what else should have become a new start for the series?
Next Mutation? 2k12, which in itself was based on FW and was even dumber, IMO? Rise? Bay movies? 2007 movie?

Outside of 2k3, which had ****ed 3 last seasons, there was no TMNT version in pop-culture, which wasn't either based on FW or significantly worse that that.

I feel, if 2k3 was released this days, I bet, it would have been much more popular, since people in the West finally started to think of cartoons as a genre, which can tell mature stories, thank to the Avatar: TLA. Before it, I feel dark undertones and strong storytelling confused people who expected something lighthearted, especially from a franchise with TMNT reputation.

Last edited by Sumac; 01-20-2022 at 11:17 AM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote