View Single Post
Old 12-11-2022, 11:05 AM   #109
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Not sure how true it is, but I always heard that girls/women mature faster and sooner than guys do. Might also explain why some women prefer guys who are slightly older as partners. I forget, but it's like a woman who is 25 and also 25 maturity-wise, a guy would have that same level of maturity but physically an older age, like 30 or something weird like that. Who knows how true that is though. As a whole, it probably just depends on the person in a general sense.

I was told growing up that I had kind of an "old soul", not sure if you can equate that to maturity level, though. I do believe in being a kid at heart and I'm glad that given societal changes, we all can openly be kids at heart compared to the past where you would've been viewed as immature and all that. There's a difference between liking something you grew up with or reminiscing about that thing and acting the age you were when being first introduced to that thing.

We all do have to grow up at some point, and I think being able to prioritize responsibilities can show maturity level too. The priority of a 20-year-old is going to definitely be different from someone in their 30s, 40s, 50s, etc., and if you still have the 20-year-old mentality at like 50...eh...no thanks.

To kind of answer the question from personal experience, when I was 20, I was focused on getting a halfway decent job with benefits to build a nest egg, support myself, get my own place, and all that since I've always valued being independent to the point of its being a flaw (my parents said I'd always been this way, even in my super, have hardly any memories days). It'd been a priority for me since I was a teen anyway. When I was 12, I'd already made up my mind about how I wanted to be moved out by 18 and on my own. lol Going to school was the other priority for me at that age. Funny how things don't work out as fully planned.

Last edited by ssjup81; 12-11-2022 at 11:13 AM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote