View Single Post
Old 12-11-2022, 12:12 PM   #111
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah it is usually how it goes. You're kind of a perfect example. A lot of women in their 20's will be thinking of future plans and whatnot, but the average 20 year old is more concerned about getting laid or buying the latest videogame or whatever.
Man, this is when my gaming kinda stopped. I couldn't afford to buy them. My parents weren't going to and extra money I had went towards things I actually needed...like gas and car maintenance since I did have one by then (cost me $1900...old Chrysler). So much I missed out on, but I was legally an adult (18 ) and the rule from my folks was, unless it was a necessity, don't expect anything like that from them. Video games are a want, not a need...something else that was beat into my brain from a young age. Learning the difference. I kinda didn't want them to anyway because of the whole wanting to be independent to the point of its being a flaw thing, I mentioned. It did feel more rewarding when saving up and buying something on my own, though, like how I saved up to buy Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Yellow or when I saved up to buy a Gamecube and get Wind Waker or when I saved up to pick up a couple of the .hack games, Final Fantasy XII, and Kingdom Hearts for my PS2, for example.

Quote:
I think a lot of women date older men cause most of the times the older men already have their finances in order, their own house, car, etc. They're not working part time at McDonald's for example.
This could be a factor, but you'd be surprised with some others. I think a woman would date a guy who works at a McDonald's if he has a good head on his shoulders and all that, and doesn't have the emotional maturity level of a teenager or something. My former roommate who's still in Japan (and engaged now) that I've mentioned, would go on about why she didn't like dating guys younger than her or dealing with them, and it was similar to my view. It was because of their emotional maturity levels, not the type of jobs they had. I don't recall that ever coming up for her (job thing). The guy she's with now is younger than her, but he's very mature and responsible, which is what attracted her to him.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote