View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 07:39 PM   #25
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Lots of people are annoyed that Gary Frank isn't drawing the Superman '78 book.

I have to concur with that. He's made his entire gimmick for over a decade as sticking Reeve's head onto comic book-Superman, to the point where people found it immensely distracting and actually made him tone it down. But distracting or appropriate or not, he does draw a damn good Reeve likeness.

To do a book like this and NOT have him draw it is just... baffling. Like, that should be the entire point of the project, to have him "officially" drawing a comic book of Chris Reeve Superman, and not merely staple his head onto a completely unrelated version of the character. Total missed opportunity.

Doesn't help either that, as many people have mentioned all over the place... that "Reeve" likeness they've shown us is kinda "derpy".

I'unno. Maybe the guy's busy or whatever but in my humble opinion they should make getting him onto the book the highest priority, and hold off on producing it until he can commit to it. There's no point in doing a comic about Chris Reeve Superman with anyone but him drawing it.
I imagine the powers that be think he's too big an artist for a project like this but yeah this is the comic he was born to draw.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote