View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 12:23 AM   #9
Rat_King
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
Sorry if this is ignorant but what is the "indica" ?
How are the ways I tell what printing I have or have come across so I can keep an eye out
Don’t feel bad. A lot of people aren’t aware of this. The indicia is the text that covers all of the copyright info, print date, and generally print number. For the Archie run you can tell printing by the following:

1st Print- Color ad on the inside front cover and does NOT specify printing at the end of the indicia.

2nd Print- Black & White ad on the inside front cover and also does NOT specify printing at the end of the indicia.

3rd-5th Print- Also have black & White ad on the inside front cover but specify printing number at the end of the indicia.

Some reprintings have the “salute to the editor” image on the front. A few of the 2nd Prints have this and are commonly mistaken for being their own special salute to the editor editions. They are indeed just 2nd Prints.

Issue 1-10 had 5 printings.
Issue 11 had 4 printings.
Issue 12 had 2 printings.
All newsstand editions only had one printing.
Issues 1-11 also have Canadian editions which have $1.25 pricing. The American releases as stated above were $1.00.

I believe issues 11 and 12 actually have Color ads on the inside front cover regardless of printing but actually specify in the indicia what printing even with the 1st and 2nd.
Rat_King is offline   Reply With Quote