View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 04:46 PM   #14
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The guy's already said more than once that his buddy has TRIED to watch the show in order and didn't like it. Thus the entire point of this thread. Jeez, people.

I also wouldn't want the job of trying to talk someone into this show. On account of I didn't like it much, either, and to me it really just seems like one of those things you're either into or not. Five episodes wouldn't change my mind, because all the stuff I hate about it still exists, and I kinda doubt that five "better" episodes would be enough to change anyone else's mind if they didn't like the first few episodes. Those were some of the only ones I saw that didn't annoy the crap out of me, so if those didn't hook someone, the show probably just plain isn't for them, I'd wager. I mean the show definitely made some bizarre and off-putting choices, but it's not like they went away as the series went on, they more or less doubled-down on everything that was divisive the further it went.

But I mean, it's your podcast and not mine, brother. Good luck; definitely an uphill battle, though.
I'm pretty much exactly with you on this, but I think that the highs of the show were as good as the lows were bad. We're all open minded on the podcast, and I know it'll be a tough battle, but I'm willing to do it! (plus we need a topic every week, so if he hates it, oh well).
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote