Thread: Generation Z
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 02:35 PM   #18
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

No label is a perfect thing for all occasions. They're good for what they're good for, and crap for pretty much anything else. Which is to say I think generational labels are useful in a few vague comparative instances, but they're not always one-size fits all.

Kids getting blamed for the state of the world their parents and grand parents made isn't new. You can read ethnographies where anthropologists have studied the same villiage/town for generations and everyone says the same thing.

Hell, people were writing think pieces on the dangers of novels the same way they do now about the dangers of smart phones.

I'm Gen X, but there are more than a couple of Gen...What Ever The Hell You Kids Decide To Call Yourselves things that are applicable to me and a good chunk of the people I know from the same cohort.
But that doesn't change the fact that our childhoods were very different, and those differences we key to our respective developments.

I love the idea that Gen WETHYKDTCY has the patent on multitasking.
Uh huh. Pull the other one, it's got bells.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote