View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 06:08 PM   #10
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Side note... Is it weird, though, that even with just the nose and area above the mouth and upper lip still showing... there's still more "human" seen in the android body than the robo Shredder suit in the prior film. Hmm. lol.
I remember people speculating that since Shredder's 2014 armor was clearly inspired by the armor the character had in the 4kids show it meant that he was likely an Utrom or Krang. I never bought that it was clearly supposed to be a human Eric Sachs the entire time.

It's likely we would have gotten helmetless scene of Sachs in the Shredder armor as there are behind the scenes shots of Fichtner wearing a mo cap suit. Of course all that had to be taken out when they hastily remade the movie with a random Japanese guy (who I guess we're supposed to think is Oroku Saki) was made the Shredder instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Come to think of it, I know there was a theory that Krang's human disguise would have been Sacks, and the face got changed because of reshoots or something that made Krang unrelated to Sacks. While I doubt that was ever case, mostly because I don't see how the trailer face looks like Fichtner (But you know, recasts...), it would have explained why Sacks had Ooze in the first movie and why Shredder would trust him in the second.
Sachs was supposed to be a reimagined version of Oroku Saki hence him having a westernized version of his name. We know that for a fact now.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote