Thread: Tech Support
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 08:40 PM   #30
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Hey all. I don't know why I never thought of asking this here. I was just discussing the issue I'm about to mention with someone here a few minutes ago. Anyway, it's a television issue.

So, one of the things I own here is a Super Famicom. I notice that when using it with a later model television, the screen's resolution constantly changes during gameplay, causing most of the stuff there to be out of frame. Imagine playing a platformer, and the screen just changing while you're making a jump. It goes between full screen and then it may get smaller (allowing you to see everything). I also noticed this when playing on my friend's Wii a few years ago. When playing newer games on their flatscreen, HDTV, the games played fine. When choosing to play an older game through the Virtual Wii (Donkey Kong Country, for example), it did the same thing as the Super Famicom does on my television. The Wii also did the same with other older games you could get through the Virtual Wii, but when playing a game made specifically for that system, the screen was fine.

It's like the game is trying to readjust itself to the modern television's screen, stretching it out so much that you can't see everything and then after a while, gives up and goes back to a normal sized screen, but then tries again and again to fit the screen of the modern television.

Any idea why it's doing this and what can be done to fix it? Back home, I have an older television, so it probably wouldn't be a problem, but here, the television I have is an HD flatscreen type.

Last edited by ssjup81; 11-14-2015 at 08:46 PM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote