View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 09:57 PM   #722
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
you’re welcome, i’m probably just as overboard.
the Hardcovers really are nice and the larger size lets you enjoy the art more. the only downside the them is that they do not contain all of the variant covers like the trade paperbacks do. so i collect the TPB as well.
no, unfortunately comixology does not follow the chronological reading order of ongoing/mini-series/etc…
what i do is keep a word document of the reading order handy, and manually open and read each issue in sequence. i used to like to read the physical comic first and then read it a second time in digital. but the ‘guided view’ on comixology has spoiled me.
yeah, thankfully there are those of us that actually support the series.

oh! i really hope they never renumber the series!
the way this series is very held to continuity, all renumbering it would do is confuse and drive away new readers.
imagine telling someone how we see Hamato Yoshi’s origin with the foot clan in issue #5, they go and up the renumbered comic. they'd be completely lost.
best thing they can do to attract new readers is stunts like the Batman cross-over. maybe even the Injustice cameo?
You know, I think that the free sampler they give out every year or so is a great primer for new people to jump into, but my LCS and apparently many to most LCS's did not know about TMNT or why it was a thing. I am glad we are doing stuff like TMNT/Ghostbusters and Batman and Injustice and I am sure once IDW gets their feet on the ground with Sonic he will end up meeting the turtles as well.

As for universe, forgive me if I already said my piece on it but I think that with all the characters running around in TMNT we could have never managed with just one monthly book. The micros were ok but I think it's better to have a solid numbering system so universe has that going for it but I think the problems it has kind of has to do with how it manages the order of content. If the main line of comics is doing 4-5 issue story arcs then I think universe should try and keep to 1-2 issue stories, 3 at the most. I know you got to write for the trade but we can't ever have another 4 issue April & Casey again, even people like me who put a large amount of their spending money into this series are struggling to deal with that. I'm not the editor I don't know all the numbers but there's got to be a balance. The next Universe story looks great and i think people are going to like it because it has the turtles staring in it but we still have a lot of other characters that need time. I guess the best way to handle it was like back in 34-36 where we had 1/2 turtles with a few side characters. That's how Universe should work.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote