View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 03:29 PM   #846
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
This. Exactly this. Thank you for that.

All of the mainstay Marvel comics (and DC's as well, I'm sure, though I don't follow theirs nearly as much) are well on their way to reaching #1000. That's not a typo: #1000, not #100. And still going strong, with new readers jumping on every week. The Walking Dead is on its way to #200, adding new readers all the time. More recently Invincible ended just shy of 150 issues and everyone said it could've gone on for at least twice that. Good, strong comics like we all know this one is aren't afraid to show the road they've trod to get where they are. Renumbering, at least in my opinion, is the same as faltering and admitting a fundamental flaw with your product. IDW TMNT is one of, if not the, best comic out there these days. It doesn't need those cheap thrills to attract an audience.

You also underestimate yourself - and by extension, the casual/semi-casual comic reader crowd - if you think you couldn't get just as hooked by a series in its 150th issue as you could by a series in its 5th.
I still disagree but I won't get into my reasoning anymore as I feel like we're sort of going in circles here. I wrote my response but I feel like I'm starting to repeat myself here. I do see where you're coming from, I won't mind if they do go with #101, but I still feel like renumbering would be the smarter choice.