View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 06:04 PM   #47
Leo656
The Franchise

Uh, in Season 1 yeah they were, watch it again.

"Pretty tight" doesn't mean 1:1 ya mook. It means they were still pulling things directly off the page sometimes and mixing those things with their own material and not completely making up their own story yet like they did later on. At some point in S2 it becomes completely original material but they were still heavily cribbing things from Mirage in S1 even if they context was different. There's entire scenes that are lifted wholesale right down to the dialog and framing of the "camera". Entire arcs are borrowed. They just painted it a different color and put more bells on it, you nitpicky crank.

S1 was absolutely HEAVILY Mirage-Inspired. S2 and onward, less so. And that's fine. But to say they weren't "keeping it tight" in S1 is a lie. It's more Mirage-inspired than the movie was, even, it's the closest that's ever been done or ever will be. You're just cranky about it because it wasn't entirely "straight". And that's fine, you don't have to like it. But don't lie, either. The entire context was different and runs parallel with their original material woven into it, but that doesn't change the fact that they pulled directly from the books for 3/4s of what's in that season. It's all right there. There's far less original material than borrowed material in S1. These are facts. Yes, that changed a lot later on but I'm not talking about those seasons yet. Just S1.

We ALL now that you also ain't even watched it since it first aired, quit playin'. I'm tempted to say "It's more faithful than The Boys is" but I don't wanna turn this thread into a war, that'd just be mean. True, but needlessly mean.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote