View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 10:04 PM   #14
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Who are we to judge?
I can't speak for anyone but myself. And my answer is, "A Judgmental Asshole."

I'unno man. I grew up poor and I've always worked two and a half times harder than most, so my money has definitely been earned and saved, and I do enjoy a little splurge from time to time, but I've slept on the sidewalk enough times so that, I could never, *ever* justify that kind of purchase, no matter how big a fan I am. In my head, there would ALWAYS be a better use of the money. I can justify dipping into the food budget or the money for the storage bill to like go see a movie once in a while, buy a stack of comics, or a few games/DVDs, but never EVER a couple grand worth of statues. I mean, I have a few porcelain Superman ones that were about $100-150 each, but a couple of them were gifts and that's about as extravagant as I can ever imagine getting.

Your whole perspective on "wants", "needs", and what is an "acceptable" use of money completely changes after like the second or third time you're homeless before age 30. Just to give you an idea where I'm coming from. You learn that life is really uncertain, and it's best to hedge your bets, and not fritter away resources on extravagant things.

Maybe if I had a huuuuuge income tax check or something. And even then, I'd rather piss it away on games, personally. At least you can "do something" with them. Statues look cool, but they just sit there, y'know? An amazing-looking dust collector is still just a dust collector, any way you slice it.

People can do what they like, obviously. But that's a ton of money for those things, is all. Half the people who *would* buy them are the kind of folks who don't even have health insurance. People make interesting choices.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote