View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 05:13 PM   #19
AquaParade
Big Boss

Man, sometimes it's fun to dream about which cancelled film/television projects you would bring back if you could.

If I had a list of three, this would definitely be on it. I love Steve Baron's sensibilities for TMNT.
I love the grungy aesthetic and the reverence for the source material that he brings. I think he would have taken things in an even more dramatic and serious tone than he was allowed to in the first film, given this opportunity.

I can't help but wonder if they tried to get artist/concept artist, Brendan McCarthy, aboard this project. He helped out on the first film, and the would-be Steve Baron sequel, and, in my estimation, was a significant part of the team.

Oh, and in case you're wondering (you're not), the other two cancelled projects I'd resurrect, Tom Waltz-style, would be

1. Darren Aronofsky's Wolverine film

2. James Cameron's Spider-Man film (overall, I'm glad we got Raimi's Spider-Man 2, above all else, but I loved the take Cameron's team was going for. You can read the script online (it even has official concept art/storyboards to go along with it!)
AquaParade is online now   Reply With Quote