Thread: Revisiting 2012
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2021, 04:40 PM   #105
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
These profit-minded billion-dollar corporations spend all this money producing, manufacturing and shipping these things because there's NO significant money in it, and some rando on the internet has the charts and graphs to "prove" it.
Of course there's a profit it used to cost something like $0.07 a disc for a manufacturer, I'm sure prices haven't changed much. Even when you count the whole product life cycle it should still be a few dollars at most. But people aren't buying them so it is so little in profits it's not even worth highlighting in their fiscal quarters.

DVD sales peaked in 2006 and have only gone down since then, that's 15 years of a downward trend and even to as far as I could get information they still outsell Blu-Rays (and that's BR and 4K BR combined which are two different formats). Streaming outperforms physical by such a shockingly huge margin to argue otherwise is just ridiculous.

I used to get these type of responses in the early 2010s when people were still holding on to their physical media collections and not understanding the downward trend but come on we're in the 2020s, this isn't some secret. It's like arguing with someone that the internet is the future, when in the 2020s it's now all about how blockchains are disrupting the markets now and will continue to do so for the rest of the decade. Then again some people still think Mattel actually owns He-Man.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote