View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 12:47 PM   #20
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The "Rise of the" part might be erroneous reporting. Because that doesn't make any sense.

Not that Nickelodeon has ever cared about recycling titles (ala the fresh, "Out of the Shadows" recycled from the video game into the last movie).
All of the official Nickelodeon channels are repeating the “Rise of the” part, so that is definitely not in error.

This is a big WTF announcement, really.

I get it, Nickelodeon suits who are reading this. You got the deal with Netflix to make a couple movies for them. “Rise” is the current branding for TMNT, and you’re sticking to it for at least a few more years. You don’t want to “confuse” people by breaking up that branding. You want to sell existing toys and merchandise that looks like Rise, not have to create new crap to match a different look for an independent TMNT movie on Netflix. Well, I’m just going to call that as being a crap move. The DC animated universe kept its groove without having to match branding or having branding matches to it. They just made some fun movies that fans enjoyed without needing to sell do-dads along with ‘em (although maybe there were some toys that matched? I don’t know; I honestly don’t follow DC closely). Anyways, this is a huge amazing opportunity and it’s going to be wasted on an extended episode of Rise. Ugh.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote