View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 05:55 PM   #7266
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
re-watched Civil War, I really enjoy the movie and Zemo while not at all like comic Zemo is an effective villain (I do miss the purple mask).
Yeah, Civil War is pretty good. I think the Captain America trilogy is overall the strongest of the MCU trilogies released thus far, winning out over the Thor and Iron Man trilogies (both of which had really weak second acts followed by better third installments, in my opinion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm powering my way through the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Jesus Christ, why are these movies so long? The second movie was 2 hours and 21 minutes, and the third which I haven't gotten to yet is apparently 2 hours and 40 minutes? What the hell?

Whose idea was it to make some of these movies pushing 3 hours? I can't imagine how people sat through the theaters when they originally came out.
Yeah I don't know who let that happen. The first film is a classic and I love the second one a fair amount too, and the whole idea of a series of supernatural pirate movies is something I want to love so much, but each subsequent movie just kept getting weaker. The later movies definitely would've benefitted from tighter storytelling and less reliance on sheer visual spectacle.

Catwoman with Halle Berry: who the f#ck allowed this travesty to happen?

R.I.P.D. with Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges: could have been interesting, but it did some dumb things with its premise and relied too much on sight gags

Horrible Bosses 2: a decent film as far as comedy sequels go. Jamie Foxx as Motherf#cker Jones is one of my favorite roles of his
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote