View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 08:39 PM   #3
oldmanwinters
Overlord

It's a good looking cel! I think it might be from one of top-tier animation studios too. Have you compared all the shots from "Turtles on Trial?" I'd start with that one!

I'm also a cel collector and love the process of trying to ID the specific frames of episodes they come from. I'd love to see what else you have. I scan my collection to ComicArtFans:
https://www.comicartfans.com/gallery...sp?gsub=191934

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post

Finding the specific moments was hard enough across a few Avengers, Iron Man and Spider-Man cartoons. Imagine having to comb through ten seasons of near daily TMNT shows?

Good luck with that!
I have discovered some helpful hints as regards TMNT cels. Most of the cels that were sold under the "Animation Art" label come from episodes from seasons 2-4. There are some exceptions, but I probably the most images from those eps. Also, "Turtles on Trial," for whatever reason tends not to have many cels under that "Animation Art" label, and many of the ones I've seen online are in a more "raw" state similar to the one Riches shared. The same is true for most Season 1 and "Red Sky" era production art.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote