View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 11:37 PM   #838
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Ok I finally saw this. I never go on opening weekends. Regardless of the virus. I did not do it for Sonic either. There was only 2 other people in the theater besides us and they both wore masks. I appreciate that. I wore one too.

Anyway the movie was great. I don’t really give number scores but if I had to I’d give it 9 out of 10. My only concern before was that it was going to basically redo the first plot but it doesn’t. It really feels like a continuation.

Afterlife does not really spend time refreshing your mind or getting people up-to-speed on the old events. Which is fine. You should see the first 2 to understand their importance.

The humor, storyline and characters are all great. Phoebe is very likable. I think Podcast is funny and the rest fit even if they don’t have a big impact on the overall situation except for the mom and Rudd.

Spoiler:
I think they handled Egon fantastically. I’m a little surprised they included him as a ghost but it I think it does come off very heartfelt. I like how he played chess with Phoebe and lead them through the pke meter.

I love that they gave a very detailed explanation of why they disbanded. I knew they’d give a reason.

I even liked Gozer’s updated look. She/he looked more menacing and being able to grab the proton streams was cool.

Love that Winston took over the firehouse. I definitely want to see him (and Ray) work along side the kids again.

I do have a couple of complaints. No movie is perfect.

Ray not believing Egon about Gozer. I fully get the public, maybe even Peter and Winston not taking it that seriously but Ray is the one who loves the supernatural and studies it. It’s possible but them getting into a decades long dispute is weird.

The appearance of the original 3 was fine but it would have been better if they arrived beforehand and talked things over with the kids. We don’t even see how they got there. It’s just a little too convenient.

These are more nitpicks. Not actually issues.

I found it kind of funny how Ray goes off into a huge explanation of what happened over the phone to a kid he’s never met. Even before she said she was Egon’s granddaughter.

I’m surprised Slimer was not in it. Probably in a deleted scene but doesn’t really bother me.

I was more hoping to see the mini pufts combine to form Stay Puft but I’m glad their reaction to the original team was real and not just edited for the trailer. They’re sabotaging the car but also excited to see them return so they remember. It’s cute.