View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 08:01 AM   #33
Halfshell
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcat View Post
I saw it on the TMNT wiki page. https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...20070430055156
It looked very unique for an official palette so I had to include it.

That's the idea, I want to have nods to the other versions even if the classic is my favorite. The variety of different official iterations and alternate takes and approaches to the character can give me some jumping off points for attack ideas or character intros, so its all good here.

Yes, Bebop will be interacting with my other characters so I need as many clips or banter between him and any adversary really as possible.

Halfshell, kudos & thanks so much for the audio rips! I really like the Mighty Bebop suggestion, this is a great idea. Just like The Simpsons characters from Konami Arcade would appear onscreen when you inserted an extra coin to continue. There's even a Homer Simpson character by Warner that has this special pre-fight introduction as well so I can check that out for reference.

---
I'm currently spriting a chain / spiked chain mace ball Special attack for Bebop. New moves are always pretty meticulous at the outset but once I have a few base sprites to manipulate and crop together the ball gets rolling a bit quicker.

I'll probably be updating the character palette once I add more elements to the character, still need to update his Monster Truck sprites from TMNT3 Manhattan Project... more to come.
Bebop and or Rocksteady (if you make him) always a good interaction, a good example in the second episode when they both rush at the toitles, they head butt each other (with the hanna barbara sound effect included).

Also why not make the character interact for mirror matches?

"Post quickly and fade away into the shadow"
Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote