Thread: New CGI movie
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 05:57 PM   #375
Leo656
The Franchise

Being compared to "Superbad" and "Homecoming" is just more nickels in the "Nope" jar from me.

This is totally gonna be one of those movies where if you generally like the way the guy handling it makes movies, you'll like it, and if you don't, you won't. Happens all the time, but it's a bit disappointing all the same, on account of we just got done with that kinda thing with BayTurtles. If you like the Bay aesthetic, those movies are brilliant. If you've ever once in your life enjoyed a movie without something exploding, they're awful. No middle ground.

This won't likely be such an... extreme case, but it will ultimately come down to whether or not you like Rogen's sense of humor in general.

I haaaaaaate it. I absolutely abhor Rogen's entire gimmick. So yeah, this will probably be the third "major" TMNT movie in a row that I don't bother to ever see. And that's disappointing.

I'm sure it will totally hit the mark with people who like what he sells, though. And that's not altogether a bad thing, I guess. There's definitely a place for "juvenile" humor in this world; I mean I love Family Guy and Aqua Teen way more than most people.

I was just hoping the next TMNT project wouldn't be a "dick and fart joke" movie, but it undoubtedly will be. Not the end of the world, I guess. It just reinforces my belief that for the rest of my life, there will never, ever be a TMNT project that I truly enjoy. And that makes me sad.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote