Thread: [eBay] Neca Mirage TMNT
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 07:57 AM   #15
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
These arrived as described for the most part but Donatello's hand was loose and kept falling off except when he was holding his bo staff in both hands which added some stability. After I re-sold the figure the buyer immediately started sending me messages upon receipt of the figure, saying that the hand was loose and that he wanted a partial refund. Since the defect was not mentioned in BartAllen's original listing, I think HE should have to cover the partial refund. What do you guys think?
Because you asked...

Take a step back and you'll see that you're being beyond silly. You purchased the figures from BartAllen. Upon receipt of said figures, it's up to you, the buyer, to inspect them and verify that they are indeed as they were described in the listing. If they are not as described, it's again up to you to reach out to BartAllen within a reasonable amount of time to attempt to resolve the issue. What is "reasonable" will vary person to person (personal opinion: 3 days after receipt is fine, 14 raises some flags, but I'd accept it). The courteous thing to do is write the seller to let him/her know if you received the items and whether or not you're satisfied, though not everyone does this.

If this reasonable amount of time passes and you have not reached out to the seller, then the logical assumption is that you are satisfied and your transaction is now complete. That means that if something happens to the figures from that point on, BartAllen owes you nothing. Your transaction is already done.

By posting these figures for sale, the next logical assumption can be made that you are satisfied with the figures. For those keeping track, that's 2 different occurrences that would indicate that the buyer is satisfied with the original transaction.

Moving on to the ebay listing itself, if you're the greatest TMNT seller ever, why would you assume that a small detail (pretending a hand that won't stay on is small) wouldn't matter to a future buyer? Collectors are among the pickiest people in the planet and as a seller of collectibles, you should know that. And even if you didn't know that, good sellers will ALWAYS disclose defects in a listing no matter their personal feelings on that particular defect.

You claim the hand fell off when you removed the figure from the package. Why not contact the seller then and there? If you had a problem with that item, that was your chance. Your silence is acceptance in this case. You've accepted the item and only had a problem when someone else had a problem. Your acceptance of the original item means that's your problem and yours alone.

And I hope the hypocrisy is not lost on you that you're upset that BartAllen didn't disclose the alleged defect yet when you listed the item, you disclosed no defect.

Finally, it's a pet peeve of mine when buyers don't leave feedback on ebay, but that's life. Please know that because ebay lets you leave feedback for quite a while after an auction ends doesn't mean the seller is responsible for that item until that feedback window is closed. You were satisfied with the initial purchase; enough to callously gloat about it here. BartAllen deserves a positive feedback from you on ebay. I hope you don't decide to leave him a negative from this. He doesn't deserve that. You didn't reach out to him in a reasonable amount of time after the auction...he never got a chance to fix any issue. Negatives should be reserved for genuine issues where a seller is contacted but unwilling to help. Leaving a negative in this situation would be a scummy move. Be better than that.

This all comes down to personal accountability. You and I have discussed this before. You make some risky moves in transactions and if things go south, you attempt to shift blame and wash your hands of it. At some point, you need to be responsible for your own actions.

tl:dr

BartAllen deserves a positive feedback on ebay, your transaction with him is complete and your silence and subsequent sale of the figure(s) indicates satisfaction on your part.

I never recommend partial refunds. If you really think the new buyer is just being overly picky, offer a full refund and block him from future listings. Re-list the item and move on.