View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 09:50 AM   #65
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

From what I remember, Yu-gi-oh!, Pokémon, and Spongebob were the dominant brands at the time, and it seemed like Yu-gi-oh! was a little more popular with the older kids.

Scooby Doo saw a revival in the 90s that carried on well into the 2000s with What's New Scooby Doo? Same with Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes, but not to the same degree. Power Rangers was still a thing, although probably not as big as in the 90s. Sonic remained relevant with with Sonic X and the games on the PS2, Xbox, and GC.

Kids WB, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and Disney had some memorable cartoons. (Jackie Chan Adventures, Samurai Jack, Dragon Ball Z, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Kim Possible, etc.) Star Wars and Lord of the Rings were everywhere. There were also things like Tech Deck skateboards, LEGO Bionicle, Magnetix, and Beyblade.

Personally, I was into Pixar movies, the Need for Speed games, Pokémon, Scooby Doo, TMNT (which none of my friends talked or cared about that much), Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, Star Wars, and Bionicle. I also had short lived obsessions with Spider-Man, Batman, and Superman every time a movie of their's came out for some reason.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote