View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 11:16 PM   #50
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I remember both PL and Murphy (in the Tales letters column) were constantly ranting how much they hated George W. Bush and how they wished Al Gore became president. They would also constantly talk about global warming and how they "feared for the future."

Now keep in mind this was in the early 2000's, so between 2002-2008 or so. Even back then that's all they talked about. I can't imagine what things would have been like if the comics were still going when Trump became president.
I've thought about that. Yeesh. It'd be interesting to note what he would have said though I wouldn't have ever, like, written in to try and change his mind or anything.

Though honestly, back during the initial run of Vol. 4 all the way into 2009... I really wasn't into politics at all. I'd look at this or that, but I was generally assuming that much of the "Hollywood Elite"'s stance on Obama and all of that were correct, and that Bush was dumb and so on. None of that mattered to me because I didn't really see it in my day to day. Ideology wasn't bleeding into anything (particularly the arts) so I was more than happy letting people talking whatever politics they wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Some people thought Laird was overtly harsh and rude with the writers at times but to me he was just a man trying to fight for his property and being protective of what he created.
Of course.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote