View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 07:24 PM   #2357
Leo656
The Franchise

Thanks! Not yet, only have a few McFarlane figures. They're fine, but they're new-ish and out of scale with all my other DC collections, so my urgency on them is lower than it is for the Mattel stuff.

Big day today! Got some cool stuff between the mail and Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart stuff first. The new Hasbro "The Real Ghostbusters" retro figures are out, apparently, so I picked up Fearsome Flush!

This one was actually never a favorite of mine even as a kid, BUT it's one I never ended up getting as a kid so I picked it up now just to have one. Back then I was really trying hard to collect the entire line but a few things still slipped through my fingers. Depending on what Hasbro puts out now I might be able to fill in some more gaps.

Next up is something I didn't even expect to see, the "Space Jam: A New Legacy" Lola Bunny & Wet/Fire two-pack:

Frankly, I don't give a single sh*t about the new movie or these toys. BUT, I don't have a Lola Bunny figure. So even though it's the new "Politically Correct Small Boobs" Lola and not the "Classic Coke/Pure Sex" Lola I fell in love with as a kid, it's good enough for the price. I doubt I'll be getting any more of these, though. They had all of 'em but I only cared about this one.

Another Wal-Mart pick-up, this neat "Classic Sonic" from the Jakks "Sonic the Hedgehog" line:

I guess this is Wave 2, now. They had this one and Tails, but I already grabbed a Tails from the previous Wave and I couldn't remember what (if anything) makes them significantly different. This Wave also has Knuckles and Super Shadow, apparently, but they weren't at the store.

EDIT: So I looked at the other Sonic figures I bought, and it turns out that these "Classic" Sonic figures are a bit larger. D'oh. That kinda sucks; for one thing I wasn't planning on getting every figure from both Waves. I'unno, we'll see. Kinda wish I'd grabbed that Tails figure, now.

One more Wal-Mart grab, and it's a big deal because I never find these "in the wild": Becky Lynch from the Mattel "Masters of the WWE Universe" line!

MAN, does it feel good to pay less than forty f*cking dollars for one of these! I bought one on eBay for my wife last week, but I still wanted one for myself. This was the only one they had on the shelf so I made sure to snag it. This is only the second figure in the line I've bought for the $15 retail price, after the first Macho Man they put out. This line is even more of a pain in the ass to collect than Origins, what with most of the figures already hitting $100+ on the secondary market just months after they come out. They're awesome, though.

Moving on to the stuff I got in the mail, yet another addition to the Mattel "DC Universe Classics" collection with the one and only Mary Marvel (ignore the stupidity on the package for bullsh*t legal/marketing reasons):

She's had several very cool figures from Mattel and DC Direct, but this is a great one. There's also a White Costume variant, but I wanted to pick this one up first. I might pick up the variant loose since I already got the Collect & Connect figure piece with this one, and it'll save me about half the cost. We'll see. Anyways, great figure, another must-buy that I'm glad to finally have.

To wrap it up, we've got the figure that more or less started it all: The Wave 1 Batman from the Mattel "DC Super-Heroes" line, which was once again the precursor to the Classics line later on:

Mattel went on to do several more Batman figures in both this line and Classics (and "Multiverse"), covering almost all of his various looks, but regardless, this Jim Lee-inspired figure is easily one of the best Batman figures ever made. The accessories like the Batarang and Bat-Cuffs really put it over.

So yeah, pretty great haul today!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 06-14-2021 at 09:25 PM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote