View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 07:57 PM   #182
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Post 105: Kuro sure looks intimidating in that cover.
https://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i...4a99/clean.jpg
The actual Spider-man cover I used as reference, this was a lot of work.
Quote:
Post 106: Even a weakened Karai can effortlessly take on the Purple Dragons, shows how far they have fallen since the beginning of the show. I remember a time when they actually used to give the turtles trouble.
Not really, even at their very first appearance in the show, they got the Turtles mopping the floor with them. Things got a lot dicier after Xever and Bradford got involved.
Quote:
Post 109: When Casey Jones speaks in this comic post-mutation, I always imagine him speaking with the voice of 2003 Casey and it feels very fitting. Also, is the reveal of Kuro as Bradford supposed to be an homage to the early episodes of the 2012 show when Bradford would wear a Shredder-esque mask?
Not just that but he pretty much revealed it at his first appearance using words that Bradford used in the series itself.
Here are all the hints I put in this story which betray who Kuro is.

- In page 52 he tells Leonardo that he's searching for a "Man-sized turtle" which is how Bradford described the turtles in "Never say Xever"

- Again in Page 52, he says that he has Dogpound's mutant powers but is no clone, which he isn't, he's a human being. And he says to Leo that there's "No reason to keep you alive" which is what Dogpound said to Mikey and Donnie in "Mousers attack"

- Page 58. Leo says to Toshiro that he feels uneasy being in the Dojo where Bradford trained.

- Page 62. Rad Brad tells Mikey that he's not a regular clone but a true human being, confirming that Kuro is too.

- Page 67. Rad Brad says about the mutagen cure, that it will cure anything. Including incineration.

- Page 83. Kuro appears at Toshiro's dojo and apparently knows his way around the place pretty well, confirming what Rad Brad said in page 62 about Kuro being exactly like the real Chris Bradford and thus having the latter's memories too.

- Page 87. Again, seeing as how Kuro knows his way around the Dojo, despite never actually having been there. And the fact that he addresses Toshiro as "Sensei"

- Page 88. In "New friend, old enemy" Chris Bradford is seen kicking a defeated Foot Soldier when he's down, something that Kuro tells Toshiro he has no moral issues about doing so himself.

Quote:
Post 119: I forgot Cockroaches can fly, that's horrifying. The tmnt are lucky that June is their ally rather than their enemy.
I haven't used June that much but there is some potential with her ability which I should work more with, There's a page in the more recent chapters where she shows just how terrifying her roach army can be.

Quote:
Post 126: The Timothy clones may not be the brightest, but they make up for it in raw strength. That'll probably come in handy later on.
Ask an angler on how long it takes to reel in a carp, they put up a real fight for a fish that's one fifth of a human being size wise. Transfer that strength into a human body and see how powerful they become.
Quote:
Post 127: So the Timothy clones are good builders too. Also, funny Raph face when Karai confronts him.
I figured Timothy to be the kind of nerdy guy who builds scale models and being very meticulous about that. The clones would still have a lot of his personality traits, But this time with the actual skills and power to fully back it up.

Quote:
Post 128: Leo and Karai immediately beginning to swordfight each other upon meeting in a long time is very in-character, indeed. Also, Karai's breakdown is understandable, she sure has had a rough life.
Everybody has their breaking point. But there's something else going on which also explains her outburst, something which I hinted on a couple of times in the previous chapter you reviewed.

Quote:
Post 131: Stockman should've seen the betrayal coming from the slimy alien race bent on destroying all of humanity. Once a Kraang, always a Kraang.
Oh he saw it coming alright as the next chapters will elaborate. That Karai clone which opened her eyes as Stockman closed his forever is proof of it.

Quote:
Post 135: There is just something very hilarious about seeing a bunch of thugs getting beaten up, followed by them enjoying pizza dumplings mere seconds later.
The Turtles aren't righteous heroes, even though Leo would want them to be. A pay out to have the Dragons out of their hair would be more of a Mafioso thing to do but it accomplishes the same goal.

Quote:
Post 136: Well, I'm glad they got a happy ending. Making them huge threats again wouldn't make such sense, so it's good to see that their (I presume) final appearance has them going on vacation, finally a fate better than being cannon fodder for the turtles.
For sure I'm going to include of picture of the Dragons wearing Mickey Mouse hats at some time in the story. God, writing that dialog of them wanting to go to Disneyland was so much fun.
Hun: DISNEYLAND? Are you guys eight years old or what? ....Can I come too?
Quote:
Also, I fell for that, I thought Leo was serious about becoming a turtle again. Good job at subverting expectations throughout your comics, keeps things fresh and interesting.
And its nice to see Baxter's mom making an appearance. Although Baxter has no right to survive his back broken, something tells me we might not have seen the last of him, will he get another chance and reunite with his mother?
It wasn't just his back broken, Kraang Subprime pierced him below his ribs at the right side of his stomach, which is where all the vital organs are, basically disemboweling him. That alone is a very painful way of dying, the back breaking was an act of mercy on Kraang Subprime's part.

As for his mom, you'll see in due time.

Quote:
On a general note out of curiosity, do you have an ending planned for this story as of now, or are you coming up with ideas as you go along?
It's a combination of both really, I have the ending very much mapped out but as I'm getting there I constantly adjust the plot when something better enters my mind.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 01-14-2022 at 08:06 PM.
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote