View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 10:45 AM   #47
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropoliskid41 View Post
Or maybe, just maybe, it’s not the same people buying them over and over. Look at the secondary market sales on a lot of these releases, they go for 1.5-2x the original sale price. Many, including myself have missed out or passed on previously releases. Then this comes out, in a cool box to boot, and a different set of buyers dive in. That’s where I’m at. I’ve passed on these in the past because it hasn’t been a priority. I’m stoked for these.
I'm with you. Whenever a company put out a new batch/printing of the same product everyone here or among collectors goes crazy saying that the company is greedy for wanting them to buy the same stuff again. But what about people who hasn't bought that product before? what if the new batch/printing is for them and not for the crazy collectors that already got the product before?
Look at books. There are books that get to the 12th printing. Are books company so greedy that they want people to buy the same book 12 times or maybe that company just wants the book to by available to people that missed the previous printing?
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote