View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 07:29 PM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

So these things didn't move an inch all week, so I was able to grab 'em.

The reviews for when they were Amazon-exclusives were pretty bad, but I assume they somehow were all mangled in shipping because none of the packaging on the ones at Target is busted and neither are any of the figures. Some of the legs still feel pretty stiff, and possibly brittle, which is an unfortunate commonality with this line in all its various forms. But for the most part, they look and feel great.

They fit in perfectly with the style of figure that inspired them...

They each have some cool weapons and accessories that totally fit the theme, and the style of "armor" and clothing fits great as well...

Standard six points of articulation - head, shoulders, waist, and hips, although I wouldn't mess with the hips too much, not that you really even need to - and the sculpts are cool. Batman gets two weapons, sword and shield, and I like how they bothered to make the weapons match the different-colored armor on each variant. Wonder Woman gets a sword, shield, and lasso which clips onto her belt. Green Lantern gets the "win" for accessories with a battle axe, a mace, a shield, removable "Green Lantern" chain pendant, and removable shoulder and leg armor. My only real nitpick is that Wonder Woman's arm is positioned at an odd angle to hold her sword.

Hopefully Aquaman and the villains show up soon. I'm a little bit surprised at how big this line is already; most of Funko's 5.5-inch lines are about 4 or 5 figures and only one wave, but this one had eight figures (and one variant) in its first wave, and the second, Superman-centric wave has been out online for a while now, too. Looking forward to picking those up eventually.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote