View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 10:28 AM   #95
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm not sure if it's hard fact or just a rumor. I know for a fact that on various FB groups people in other countries (I forget which ones) were showing pictures of Wave 2 showing up in Walmart stores in abundance as far back as November but nothing in America. Pretty sure everybody on the .org just bought them online already.

Nobody seems to know exactly what happened, and obviously Mattel isn't going to say much about it. People are hoping that Wave 2 gets a more widespread release in America now that Wave 3 is popping up, but just in case everybody's been buying them online anyway. Trap Jaw has become one of the "must-buy" characters in every line that comes out, and of course Scare Glow remains THE figure to get with every release, from vintage to Classics to now. Kinda glad they got him out of the way early this time. Orko and Man-E-Faces are generally popular, too, but I have a feeling that it's Trap Jaw and Scare Glow that are pushing people to snap up Wave 2.

They'll turn up, though. BBTS gets restocked pretty often. For all Mattel's faults in mismanaging case ratios, they're not NECA. They don't manufacture three of something and then blame you for not being able to buy it. They'll make/ship more.

EDIT: I broke down and bought Orko and Trap Jaw on Amazon. Orko was retail price at $15, Trap Jaw was $35 which is still less than eBay. Can't help it, I need Kronis in my life! I'm weak!

By buying them together I qualified for Free Shipping. Neat! It'll apparently take a few weeks to get here, but we'll see. My Amazon orders almost always come earlier than estimated. But I've already waited this long, if I have to wait until March, so be it. Long as I don't miss them.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 02-09-2021 at 10:55 AM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote