View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 07:24 AM   #6
sdp
Megan Fox = April

As a kid a good guide was that if a movie was airing in non-cable tv channels then it was OLD. No kid felt those movies were still current. I don't know how long it used to take back then but it felt forever. When movies finally came out on VHS they were still relevant, and when they hit cable they were old but still not too old. Goes without saying that any 80s movie always felt ancient to me.

I'm sure kids today think the MCU is from forever and it's true, I mean iron man has a non-ironic myspace joke, that's what I used when I was in highschool, forever ago. FB was only used by the "cool college" kids back then. It wasn't until the end of HS that anyone could register to FB and we all did when it was finally open, so long ago.

The wait from SWs episode 1 to 3 felt like a lifetime and it literally was for me, I went from being a kid who had not finished Elementary to a teenager worrying what college I would go to once HS finished.

Also this is why checking Wikipedia is silly, sure the NES might've had a game made in 1995 but that's console was not relevant at all, even the SNES felt older by that time compared to 3D games that were already coming out on consoles.

I'm hyped for Jurassic World 3 but JW2 which came out in 217 feels like a long time ago, hell anything prepandemic definitely feels old to me now. It also helps that the 2020s feel like a fresh new decade compared to the 2010s which further makes anything from that era seem older than it is.

Last edited by sdp; 05-02-2022 at 07:29 AM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote