View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 07:10 PM   #16
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
A movie is old to me when I am old.

Fun Fact: Both The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises came out in 2012...which is a decade ago now. Do they feel old to anyone?
I watched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight a few years ago and they didn't feel old at all. They seem to have aged well. Plus nowadays superhero movies are everywhere like the plague, so it's definitely not a genre that's passé.

The only thing that might be outdated about those movies is the whole seriousness and darkness around them maybe? That's something that was more common in the first decade of the century for some reason.

Btw The Dark Knight has some lines that make it sound a bit pretentious and edgy. Like the "some men just want to watch the world burn" for example.

They're fine movies and all, but I don't understand why TDK became a GOAT movie for so many people. Also, Heath Ledger as the Joker isn't really as amazing as people say he is. I feel like the main reason people got that idea was due to him dying shortly before the movie came out. You know what people are like when someone famous dies. Suddenly they consider them their all time favourite and one of the greats.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote