View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 06:20 PM   #30
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Pokemon was a huge fad when it started and it dropped about halfway into Johto circa around 2001/2002. Without the huge fad of kids the franchise sustains itself by either hardcore fans or new younger kids. Obviously the games will always be popular as seen by their sales, but all secondary aspects are just that...secondary.
But surely the anime still has decent enough ratings outside of Japan, right? After all, it was the anime that got kids outside of Japan into Pokémon in the first place. It's an important market tool of the franchise.

Being born in 1990, Pokémon was huge here between 1999 and 2002. Then from 2002-2003 onwards, the kids around my age seem to have stopped caring about it. But I assumed it was because they were burnt out of it or just felt like they were getting too old for it. In that time period I saw my classmates getting temporarily into Yu-Gi-Oh and Beyblade toys. But those didn't last long. Then some got into Magic the Gathering, but they were looked at as nerds by the more "jock" and social types.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote