View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 03:53 PM   #21
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
My thing is, I doubt they'll have Joker torture Gordon by bombarding him with photos of Barbara, naked and crippled. I think THAT is gonna be a little too far for them to try and do. What I have a feeling they'll do instead, is maybe have one of Joker's henchmen record him shooting her, and then maybe make Gordon watch THAT over and over again, just the video clip of her getting shot. I mean it's kinda weak, and MAYBE they'll keep it comics-accurate, but I'll be surprised if they fully Go There. I'll be thrilled if it's super-accurate, but we'll see.

I mean kids DO still watch these things, even though they're ostensibly aimed at an older audience. Parents don't care, they see "super-hero cartoons" and they buy the DVD for their kids, especially if it's Batman.

Like I said, Hush wouldn't be great as a "real" movie but it'd be great as one of these things. Public Enemies was really just "Superman and Batman vs. Everyone", and it was terrific, one of the best they've done. "Hush" as an animated feature would be no different, just an excuse to do Batman vs. his entire Rogues Gallery. There's a time for Story and a time for Fan Service. I've never had any problem at all with Hush being firmly in the latter category. It would look great as an animated feature. Since it sold huge numbers I have no doubt they'll get around to it one day.
Yeah, but the Dark Knight Returns did not have Nazi-covered nipples. So I wouldn't be surprised if DC did tread the line pretty closely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If its anything like the Arkham Knight videogame which had a flashback of the Killing Joke, then the actual Joker/Batgirl scene is probably going to be extremely brief.

Don't forget in the "Under the Red Hood" movie, Joker torturing Jason Todd was extremely brief and being hit with the crowbar barely did any damage to his face and had minimal bleeding. It was no more extreme than the fight scenes seen in the Justice League cartoon.

Even though these movies are allowed to show death and have cursing, the actual fighting is barely any different than the cartoons.
Under the Red Hood was awesome.

For a cinematic Batman movie, I've always thought blending "The Killing Joke", "Mad Love" and "Death in the Family" would be an awesome idea for showing how the Joker breaks EVERYONE except for Batman... but maybe even Batman, too.