View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 05:41 PM   #11
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Two years ago, I was involved in an accident which destroyed my shoulder and because I had to stop working because of that I spend a lot of time watching TV which is how I discovered the Nick version of TMNT.

It was the second season they were repeating and I was blown away by the story lines and how dark it sometimes got. I had the same feeling with watching it as I had when I discovered "Avatar, the last airbender"

The only thing I didn't like is that it was dubbed over in Dutch and that a lot of voice acting was pretty lousy and after I discovered the original English spoken version I also found a lot of translation errors.

So I decided to buy the box set of the first season and go from there. Always watching the episodes in English because that was the language in which it was recorded.

What I love about the series in full, are all of the Easter eggs, I have been collecting the IDW reissues of the Mirage comics and I saw a lot of that coming back in the series.

I have since started a fan comic called "Karai versus Karai" in which the 2012 Karai faces her IDW series Counterpart. Which was inspired by the whole premise of the "Transdimensional Turtles" story line. I had a field day displaying all versions of Karai in one story.

I'm going to miss this series, it was a lot of fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Karai 2.jpg (108.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Karai 18.jpg (105.2 KB, 10 views)
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote