View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 09:11 AM   #67
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

On the subject of Urban Legends, I'll be picking it up issue by issue. This is the kind of thing I want to support, so I'll throw my $4 down a month.

I didn't buy the Color Classics issues because they didn't really offer anything that interested me and there wasn't really any pay-off for supporting the reprints (didn't care much for the colors, either). With Urban Legends, there's much more reward, with rare material getting reprinted for the first time and the promise of 3 new issues waiting at the end of it. The colors I could take or leave, but since I already own all the black and white versions, I'll consider them a bonus (hopefully more care is taken with them than the colors for the Vol. 1 Color Classics).

As for the New Conclusion vs. the Old Conclusion, I don't even see it as a "vs." thing. Andrew's conclusion attacked it from a unique angle, endeavoring to tie the Image series back in with the Mirage continuity. From the sound of things, IDW's conclusion is just going to be the Image series continuing on as if it hadn't been abruptly cancelled, doing its own thing. Both are unique approaches and can be appreciated on their own merits as splinter timelines.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote