View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 10:56 PM   #45
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I'm surprised we never saw Groundchuck and Dirtbag in the Nick toon. I thought that both would've been a perfect fit for the desert themed Mutant Apocalypse.

I liked their Original versions. They stood out pretty well despite only appearing in 3 episodes, since they break the mold by betraying Shredder and Krang and have very memorable voices/designs.

They were also pretty strong. Groundchuck just casually handled Bebop and Rocksteady grabbing onto his horns,and then ramming them both all by himself.

I also just realised, Chrome Dome is the closest thing to Super Shredder in the Original Cartoon.
Chrome Dome even made it to one of the Tournament Fighters games. He definitely has a cool concept and design.

I feel like Groundchuck and Dirtbag suffered from being introduced rather late in the series. They debuted in the 5th season of the show. All of the regular characters were established in the very 1st season of the series. And even some of those ended up either losing their spot as regulars(Baxter) or having way less of a role and fewer appearances than you'd expected them to have (Neutrinos).

The show had a very safe and set formula, and 2 new mutants debuting in the middle of the series didn't stand a chance. The higher ups probably felt it was too risky to add two extra characters to the villains team.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote