View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 11:10 PM   #54
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacksSoUgly View Post
RIGHT?!

Especially when you think about the idea of comedians, artists, and musicians who use their talent to work through their own grief and help others work through their's. To me, it would've been really cool to show that the "funny guy" is the one most affected by Splinter's abduction/absence. Mikey's usually doing whatever he can to have fun and make others happy, but what about when he's not happy? Could've made for some really beautiful material.
I think if they played up the more "putting on an act to mask the pain" in things, it'd show the whole thing in a different light. Two examples I can think of are Mikey in Back to the Sewer skateboarding around the lair and hitting everyone who's trying to set the place up, laughing the whole time, and Casey getting excited over the prospect of being in space in 2012. Both times a massive tragedy just happened (The Turtles think Splinter is dead, and at the very most he's scattered across the internet and missing, and in the latter the earth just exploded) and without that "I'm just trying to deal with this in my way" scene, it just makes them look like complete assholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
EDIT: By the way, is that how you spell Shenso's name?
Shinsho, according to the credits.