View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 08:15 PM   #71
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Latinx people exist too right?
Latinx people don't exist. That's not a real thing.

I mean, I'm half latino. That's a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
It's a shame. I like Hawkman. "In Theory". But Christ, he's such a goddamn mess I don't see how anyone could ever get into him. The entire Hawk mythos is just a tangled web of nonsense with every attempt at resolution or clarification only creating ten more problems.
Hawkman somehow manages to be even more radioactive than the Legion of Super-Heroes, and that's no small feat. I think it was Zero Hour, way back, that tried to "Fix" him by making him the sum of every Hawkman ever, or something? Jesus. I want nothing to do with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
There's no "nice" way to say it, but it is indeed the answer to your question, so here it is: Those other groups don't habitually pitch fits and make big public displays of anger about being "misrepresented" in fictional media. They generally don't care. Therefore there's no reason to make a big hoopla about appeasing them. They weren't the ones crying about anything to start with.

People who pander don't waste time pandering to people who won't care enough to complain.
I don't know... it's usually loud, pink-haired white people complaining on Twitter that are pandered to... not the actual races of people they're trying to defend/support. They're just watching things like, "You want to fight for me? I'm not really feeling oppressed... but go ahead, I guess." Kind of like how the peaceful BLM protests are. Mostly angry white chicks and a few white dudes, very little actual black people.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 09-25-2020 at 08:32 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote