View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #484
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricN View Post
exactly, the nostalgia is from getting the characters. what makes it so great is a new take on them.

fly baxter, rahzar, rat king, slash, mutagen man. none of them are near what they used to be. all new, all different, but they still have the nostalgia to them
Indeed. It what makes these new takes interesting, since we don't know what will happen with them. It's always a surprise, and allows the writers to not be bogged down by a previous incarnation's 'history.'

I personally don't want Bebop and Rocksteady to be dumb. Even though I objected to them in the beginning, this new pair has the potential to win me over, and already the premise looks to be interesting. These two in this show didn't start out as oafs, and I'd love it if they stayed that way. I think it would truly be a let down if they were made stupid as it would feel like just another nerfing in progress, as that was a disappointment with the previous gold star henchmen. I just hope Ciro doesn't look on these boards and think he's gotta make them dumb, because we need some ace characters other then just Tigerclaw.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote