View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 09:21 AM   #55
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
My strongest feelings about the 4Kids show are that I'm glad it exists as a counterpoint to everything else in the kiddy arena, and proof positive that we don't need Beebops and Krang and Pizza Throwers to sell to a generation of little kids. Basically validating everything Laird has believed since the beginning. Because he is right.
So basically, you may not like it personally but it's still better to have kids grow up with Karai, Fugitoid and Renet, rather than Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Additionally, that it's f***ed up (and yet quite telling of the agenda at hand) that it gets no love in larger media, like in any of 2012's million crossovers with Fred Wolf. I don't like it, but I feel like it is a far better face for children's gateway drug to TMNT than anything else. And it was, for a generation. When I was dating, I was tasked with acquiring various things related to this show for a young man who loved it.

Yeah, IDW has shown some love to it in their jambalaya pot, but Nick doesn't really heavily vet that beyond "No Turtles shedding blood or killing even though they're supposed to be ninjas? OK, cool."
I'm not sure about "agenda", I just think Nick excecs foolishly believe they can recreate the success of the Fred Wolf cartoon by cramming in references to it.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote