View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 10:41 PM   #93
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, Wave 2 skipped the U.S. apparently and Wave 3 is juuuuust trickling out now. People are hoping Wave 2 hits American stores eventually BUT most people are just going to BigBadToyStore since they're only a buck and change over retail per figure. Nobody wants to fall behind, since Wave 2 has Scare Glow in it and he ALWAYS shoots up in price. Wave 5 or 6 will be out before the end of the year, along with the Wind Raider, Land Shark, and several of the Deluxe and Battle Armor figures. And they're mixing up the Waves so they generally have a mix of "early" (1982-1984) and "late" (1985-1987) characters in each one, which is cool.

When in doubt, BBTS is the way to go for MOTU stuff if you can't find it on the shelves. Pretty much all MOTU fans make that their main destination for action figures nowadays. I've ordered a ton of stuff from them over the past year and can recommend them wholeheartedly. You might even get an order delivered on Sundays! My orders from them show up on Sunday more often than not, for some reason. Mattel insists on sending stores one or two cases of He-Man, one or two cases of Skeletor, and only one "mixed" case of either Wave 1 or Wave 3 figures, so most people so far can only find He-Man and Skeletor. Which has people annoyed, BUT, even if you find them in the wild the cardbacks are generally bent and roughed up from people handling them. I know you're looking for stuff as close to "pristine" as possible, and all of my stuff from BBTS is nearly flawless. My Super 7 5.5s even came almost entirely unpunched.

I'm just gonna go ahead and start ordering Wave 2 and 4 from BBTS and see if the situation in stores clears up, as it's "supposed" to by Spring once more than just Walmart start getting orders in. It's just good to know that there's a super easy and reliable way of getting them all without paying an arm and a leg. It's crazy to see certain figures on eBay for like fifty bucks, when those same figures are on preorder on BBTS for $16. Maybe take a few weeks extra to get there for back-ordered stuff, but it beats paying scalper prices!

And yeah, that's what I do. Lots of sh*t is my fault. I'm like a drug dealer, except instead'a crack I get people hooked on He-Man. No shame!

EDIT: AAARRRRGH, The Wave 2 Pre-Orders on BBTS sold out sometime after I typed this. I snagged Man-E-Faces for now; I think my wife got me Scare Glow, and Trap Jaw and Orko will turn up again soon. Even the Lords of Power box set turned up briefly today before selling out again, so I know Wave 2 will be up again soon.

I went ahead and ordered Wave 4, just in case. HORDAK! Next week I'll pick up Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor, probably.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 02-09-2021 at 12:27 AM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote