View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 02:55 PM   #162
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Cross-posted from the NECA Donatello thread...

It's been too cold and icy around here to take Donatello out to the alley for another proper shoot, so I've been playing around with more silly props and accessories for him. (I abandoned my ambitious plans for a giant custom sewer for my Playmates Turtles, and now I'm tempted to create one for this figure that dwarfs all the Playmates figures. I'm a genius).

Today's devastating triumph of creativity and the human spirit:

I bought this Lone Ranger lunchbox ornament a couple years ago for some gag portraits of NECA's quarter-scale Lone Ranger figure. It's just been sitting here ever since, and so I grabbed it recently and placed it on a shelf next to that kitbashed Turtle Comm I recently shared, figuring Donatello might keep an old lunchbox around; why not?

Then I decided to put some goodies in it.

The brown paper that's all beat to hell is gnomish text from the Artemis Fowl novel.

Here's a better look at the cassette. Or "tape", as it would have been called back in the day.

The cover is the business card of a Boise artist, toy creator and tattoo artist named Jay O'Leary. The tape itself is actually a microcassette on which I recorded my interview with Warren Ellis during his October Revolution Tour in 2000.

I'm not going to lie; I think I've changed some lives today, and we've all learned a lot about ourselves.

Last edited by Monte Williams; 08-25-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Monte Williams is offline   Reply With Quote