View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 06:17 PM   #5
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfox007
Hello all!

Back in a time where you and i were younger, i was nothing short of a nintendo fan boy up untill 2001 that was when i switched camps to PlayStation and with out knowing it i seem to make a good choise coz frankly i think the big N aint' what it used to be.

And i have my reasons too, currently i find that nintendo has totaly lost its way in how it does things for example hey are letting other dev companies make thier reconized products (ex.:F-Zero GX was devolped by sega) there was a time were a nintendo game was done by EAD or come other in-house dev group its all "outsouced" to other comanies that nintendo wants to "buddy up" too such as Namco, Konami and so forth. another thing is that nintendo klings too much to the "old days of gameing" the icon of Mario is so over used with all the spots games he is in i see this as a disgrase to such an iconic figure. i see this as a sign of weekness and just gonns be a slow progression

To all the Nintendo fans out ther this is in no way a verbal bashing tword your beloved copmany, i totaly respect nintendo and its contributions to the industry but i just forsee that things if dont rule out for them in the next ten years well lets just say they will do what thier formal rival Sega did in 2002

Thats my 2 cents, now spend it

Okay, well first, have you ever actually played F-Zero GX? It blew the sh*t out of every game before it. Nintend outsourcing is wrong? Sony has no internal groups. Neither does Microsoft. They have wholly owned studios or partnership second parties, but none in house. EAD cranks out just as many games as they did in the old days...maybe more, but you can't rely on one studio for your library. They did that in the N64 age, and it just wasn't enough. You gotta have variety. That's why they partner up with other developers. More games = good.

Without those partnerships, there'd be no Metroid Prime, which is game of the generation thus far in my opinion. Giest didn't work out. Metroid Prime did. Different risks pay off at different times. You gotta take the chance. Mario Sunshine was weak because it was a training project from a new studio in training that EAD finished. Some of the Mario Sports games work out, some don't, but they've been around longer than you think. It's just nobody paid any attention to them in the old days. Mario Golf came out on the NES, and there was a Mario Baseball game on Game Boy. The others showed up on N64, and nobody bitched then.

Nintendo didn't do much this generation because they were going with the flow of things. Nintendo susceeds when they try something new to set themselves apart. That's what they're doing now, and I believe they will susceed as a result. Maybe not in first place, but they will make a sh1tload of money. That was Sega's weakness. They'd still be around today if they had managed their affairs better. They were in debt, made a bunch of expensive and sh1tty systems, and drove up developers while killing their 16-bit money maker early, then selling rights off to Majesco. That's why Sega kicked. They killed themselves. Nintendo was the only game hardware manufacturer this whole year to post a good profit.

They're fine. Better than they've been in some time actually. yeah, they've pissed me off several times in the past. Dig in the Nintendo thread for some recent ones, but they're not going anywhere. They make money...tons of it, enjoy what they do, and have an unshakeable fanbase, but the most affordable system next gen with new advertising departments.

Nintendo's fine, and all this "Nintend0 is teh d00merz!1!" will go away at E3.