View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 06:27 PM   #155
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Yeah but so did the last cartoon tie-in book. And it doesn't really have much impact on the show itself. As I understand it, comics don't count as merch the same way toys or video games do, more like promotion.
True, but the comics are a great gauge of whether or not a hardcore fanbase is latching on. Something like TMNT has a very dedicated fandom and so when a comic property for it doesn't sell well, then that's a pretty good indicator that even the fans who have to "have everything" don't even care....

The new show and, as someone said here earlier, the new Thundercats are absolute travesties for the properties. Hopefully when the don't do so hot, the producers won't follow in Marvel's footsteps by blaming the fans for "trying something new", which in fact is a cliche.

And aside from the poor character beats, modern flash-style animation is absolutely an awful trend. I say "flash-style" animation because I don't know what else to call it - that animation style we see on the new show, on Teen Titans, and other cartoon that as a kid I would'v thought was meant for4 year olds only.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote