Old 11-23-2017, 09:12 PM   #15
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Different strokes for different folks I suppose, may I suggest reading Chew
Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
I love Chew. It's probably my favorite Image series. I haven't finished it, though. I think I'm six trades in, but I didn't really have the cash to get the rest in a while, so I haven't nabbed the second half yet.
Chew is pretty good. I'm also pretty far behind, so I will probably reread everything before I worry about getting caught up since it's all finished now, right?

Quote:
It may just be different strokes. I mean, it's not like I think it's bad. It just does things that make me roll my eyes, which distracts from the emotional core of it, and I just never really connected with it. I don't know, maybe I'll give it one more try at some point.
You might have better luck starting with one of the later volumes and then going back to the beginning. The series has accumulatd a pretty interesting cast of characters over the years and I like some of them more than the core family. But at the end of the day it is always going to be a series primarily about family and that may just not be your bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
You know while I do love Image's libraries its a huge pain in the ass that half of the stuff I follow takes breaks for a few months, I know I sound whiny but its kinda annoying reading Deadly Class and reach a cliffhanger to only find out that its going be on hiatus for 4 months. I mean I know quality takes time but its sort of annoying
Quote:
I feel your pain, man. It's not an Image series, but I really liked American Vampire and that series has been stop and start for years. Not as many as Saga, but they've been longer. Hell, I'm STILL waiting for another Umbrella Academy miniseries.
OMG I feel your pain, I have been waiting for the next volume of Umbrella Academy for a decade now, wtf.

Hiatus can be really annoying but if they're regularly scheduled in order to keep them manageagle (like Saga's 6 months on, 3 months off schedule) then I don't mind. Much better than a series coming out every month of the year but then going on indefinite hiatus because the creators got burned out or behind or something.

I think reading new comic series also helps with dealing with hiatuses
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote