View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #50
Retro-Specs
Thug

All in all, this one was pretty good. So much to focus on, too...

Good to see all of Shredder's mutants working together, especially Tiger Claw and Rahzar. The way Tiger Claw stated that they ought to get along as equal shows that he still has some wisdom and honour - I like that in the character.

In a way, I see how the Kuro Kabuto back story really develops Shredder as a character. Now we now more about his history, about what he holds dear, and why he is so opposed to Hamato Yoshi, beyond the conflict over Teng Shen - he sees Splinter as weak and pathetic, perhaps even as unwilling to honour the sacred history of the Foot Clan. Also, I'm glad Shredder still walks about and even fights just as confidently without his helmet. I was afraid they'd do something where he refuses to be seen or fight without it or something.

The way Rahzar said "He got your helmet"... that tone was almost like "aw... do you want a hug, master?" In a way, though, I'm surprised that none of Shredder's minions knew just how important the Kabuto is. Xever I can understand, but the way Bradford once described Shredder's past with Hamato Yoshi, you'd think he'd know more.

And of course,

Spoiler:
Bebop and Rocksteady. Obviously a much different take, and they aren't going to be buddies in a gang like before, but I do like what they are setting up here... Rocksteady will obviously be more of a leader, and have reason for constant yet comedic conflict with Bebop. Steranko is a powerful person already, what with his collection and being a big arms dealer. So I wonder, will they actually end up as minions of Shredder, or will they be stand alone villains, basically using the combined resources of Zeck's mysterious tech, and Steranko's organization. Maybe Nick thought that B&R were such big characters that they ought to be made into their own villain "group" Or, perhaps mutation will take all of that away, like how Bradford obviously no longer does any direct work or PR for his dojos anymore.

Well, this assuming Steranko is indeed going to be Rocksteady, but I think it's pretty obvious at this point. Official designs too similar, and the rhino in the glass case. In any case, I like where this is going and want to see more. Both of these characters are dangerous in their own way, let alone together, yet the show can also degrade them with a bag full of diapers. Powerful yet funny.

Last edited by Retro-Specs; 06-15-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Retro-Specs is offline   Reply With Quote