View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 08:44 AM   #59
sdp
-

No surprise, we've had hints at this for years and it was clear nothing was going to happen even Laird said "I haven't felt like going back to Vol.4, don't know if I will" and the only updates on the site were how they were slowing things down further. Of course it's still sad to have it confirmed but at the same time we can stop hoping for Laird to ever do more Vol.4, we now have confirmation it won't happen and Mirage was never going to do other non-tmnt projects.

When I got back into TMNT in the mid 2000's Vol.4 was already on a hiatus I think, the archie series was "finally" going to publish Forever War and the 2003 show was going to begin its fourth season, and of course the 87 show had just gotten their first DVD with the first season and some weird episodes from one of those "later red sky 90s seasons". I caught up with everything in TMNT from the official Ninjaturtles.com website, watched the pilot KidsWB video dozens of times on my realplayer, read about the comic books, the TNM mail answers and whatnot. It was kino.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The 1980's is practically ancient history now, another world from another lifetime.
People might ignore this but it was 40 years ago but it really is true, imagine thinking about comics from the 1940s in the 1980s. In the 90s I thought of comics from the 1950s as old and ancient history. Then again, comic writing changed a whole lot between those decades and comics have stagnated in style since the 80s and 90s, they're still doing the same things.

Last edited by sdp; 09-17-2021 at 08:59 AM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote