View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 12:38 PM   #357
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah. Quick and dirty. And hiring voice actors? Big whoop. I've hired voice actors before.
You're downplaying the fact that it costs a lot of money to build a new production, as opposed to building one you can snowball for a while. Voice actors is one, tiny, small example of what it takes to build up a new television series from the ground up.
There are toys, licensing deals, everything.

Quote:
No, not trash it. Like I said, an experiment. Sure, there was the off chance it could have blown up super big and they could then revise their strategy, but they -- wisely -- didn't invest much energy into things from the get-go.
Experiments get trashed. We can call it whatever. The point is it seems like a rather expensive experiment, so I'm inclined to believe they had hopes of this show lasting around 5 seasons. There's also the consideration that experimenting isn't harmless and can quickly taint a brand name, so there is risk involved.

Quote:
Sort of like, "We have a little time on our hands so let's put out like a cheap, minimalist wacky abstract kind of show in the meantime just to keep the brand name alive out there and hey, let's see what happens."
When you put it like that, maybe. I don't know though. Still hard for me to shake the feeling that they wanted the show to last longer.

Last edited by AquaParade; 01-14-2022 at 12:57 PM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote